Every month, I’m hosting a podcast discussion group in the Denver area called Shesplaining. These podcasts are women-focused and allow us to get together in a casual setting to discuss these ideas.
Our first meeting was on September 13th, 2023 and immediately sold out. Not only that, but everyone who signed up attended, which if you’ve ever hosted an event you know is not the norm.
Like a book club, I prepared questions for Shesplaining that allowed us to stay on track with the topic in a loose way.
Here are those podcast questions:
Why are we so f’n lonely?
High Low with EmRata
- What do you think about Em’s statement that lonely men are scary and bad for everyone? Is this something that we as women need to worry about, or take on?
- Do you agree that we because of social media we are more connected than ever, but more lonely than ever?
- Em says: “The internet is the antithesis of intimacy. Posting something on the internet, it innately becomes about performance.” Is this your experience with social media? Do you feel the need to perform?
- Do you agree with Emily that technology can help us connect with each other? In what ways have you used social media to connect with others in real life?
- Do you struggle with finding ways to join or connect with others?
- Em shared statistics on how loneliness affects the physical body – have you had this experience?
Want to join us for some wine and conversation?
CLICK HERE to find out about our upcoming events!